In this week’s podcast we delve into a topic that many of us can relate to, family time during the holidays, and how we can go from dreading these gatherings to loving them.
We often find ourselves in total dread of the upcoming holidays because of the demands that come with it. Whether that’s from our kids, our spouse, or even our extended family.
What You’ll Learn in this Podcast:
- How to re-inject energy, fun, and enjoyment back into your family time and holidays.
- Finding a perfect balance between work and personal relationships.
- Understanding family dynamics and building strong, joyful bonds.
Mentioned on the Podcast: (Click on Links)
How to Stop Family Gathering Dread & Anxiety
The truth is, you can turn all that dread and anxiety into enjoyment and loving moments with your family.
In this episode, we dive deep into how to shift your mindset, reconnect in your relationships, and reinject joy back into your family time and gatherings. Making those once dreaded holidays into something that you truly cherish and look forward to.
If you’re ready to embrace these changes, then this episode is going to help you make that shift.
We go straight into how to have the best holiday with your family, children, spouse and how not to mess it up.
The first step for transforming family time is to make a conscious decision to embrace joy and connection.
Often, our busy work lives leave us disconnected from our family, and now is the time to change that for good.
If you’re forever in the mindset of work, productivity, development, ambition, and all of those good things, you get exhausted because your mind is exhausted.
When you arrive home, you just want peace and quiet. The last thing you want to do is have to think about tending to your family.
But, hang up! Have you given it a thought that your family has missed your presence the whole day?
They haven’t seen you the whole day. So, when it’s family time, they actully want to spend that time together.
It’s not about the quantity of time spent, but the quality of engagement during that time. What you want to do is recreate the time you spend with your family into something everyone enjoys.
This means you start injecting fun, laughter, and genuine enjoyment back into your interactions.
If you do that, I promise you, you will have the most amazing relationships, inshAllah.
To go from dreading family time to loving it starts with a shift in your mindset.
Laughter and enjoyment are so important for all of us. The problem is for many of us as we’ve become so ambitious, that there is no laughter and joy unless it’s about work.
We’re all guilty of this to an extent. However, that doesn’t mean you need to sit there with that guilt, beating yourself up. Make a decision now, and just choose to change it.
By making this decision, you set your intention to enjoy your family time and create a positive and joyful atmosphere.
This may feel unfamiliar at first, especially if you’re accustomed to a work only mindset. However, it’s a crucial and important step towards building lasting connections that everyone loves.
Decide how and what you’re going to do today to have that joy and fun, and if you do that, you’re going to thank yourself.
More importantly, you’ll begin to recognise the immense blessings in your life and thank Allah (swt) for even being able to recognise it.
SIGN UP TODAY
1. GET COACHED & MENTORED IN THE NAFS TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM : This is a journey of Coaching and mentoring where you will transform life, mental health, relationships and professional success. Get ready overcome all obstacles, to grow and up-level your life. CLICK HERE JOIN. You will Love this Quran and sunnah based journey
2. TRAIN AS A PROFESSIONAL COACH & GET CERTIFIED IN THE SCIENCE OF THE NAFS: Transform your own life and learn all the tools you need to transform the lives of others and create a real impact in the world. This is a Professional Certification for you if you want to create a legacy (Dunya-akhira) driven Coaching practice where you help people transform their lives. CLICK HERE for more info.