It’s not uncommon to find ourselves feeling disconnected from our loved ones, even though we genuinely care for them and wish to see our relationships flourish.
This episode goes into the fundamental aspects that are key to revitalising emotional connections in relationships, so you actually start enjoying that time again.
What You’ll Learn in this Podcast:
- How to reconnect and stay connected in your relationships.
- What it means to “Take the Hobby Approach”.
- The tools to shifting your relationships from “Me” to “Us”
Mentioned on the Podcast: (Click on Links)
Get Emotional Connections Back Your Relationship
Exploring the importance of injecting fun and passion back into our interactions will enable us to have deeper connections, and ultimately better-quality relationships.
One of the biggest mistakes we make is that we fill our lives with so many responsibilities, achievements, work, and all of the things that we also love.
Too often what you’ll find is that you’re physically present, but emotionally distant.
We’re not connecting with the person we want a relationship with. Nor are we really present with the person we’re having relationship trouble with only compounding the problem further.
This disconnect often leads to feelings of loneliness, disengagement, and boredom, which can create immense strains in relationships.
It’s essential to remind ourselves that relationships are a two-way connection, and it’s not enough to be physically present whilst there’s little or zero communication.
Even when it comes to communication this must be a two-way road not a one-way road. Where our primary focus is on our own needs and what’s in it for me.
“What’s in it for me?” relationships lose mutual understanding, excitement and joy.
In order to reconnect and rebuild our relationships, there needs to be a shift in perspective from “what’s in it for me?” to “what’s in it for us?”
This shift in our perspective allows us to infuse love, compassion, and mercy into our relationships, and in doing so, we begin the process of nurturing that bond.
When we consciously apply the Science of the Nafs framework to our relationships, we stop coming from, “what’s in it for me?” and we actually start thinking about, “what’s in it for us?”
This approach allows you to start to get life back and begin to reinject fun, excitement and joy back into your relationships.
The Science of the Nafs is all about optimising your life in every area. This is so powerful you’re going to be amazed with the transformation in your life.
It’s the best antidote to boredom and monotony that sometimes creeps into relationships.
Embracing a mindset that focuses on “how can I make this fun?” allows us to break free from routine and boring connections.
It reignites the spark of passion in relationships, and brings back the spice.
So, take the “hobby approach” to your relationship, and make it fun.
If you’re really struggling to find a way forward, then you should be in the Nafs transformation programme.
We take you on a journey of shifting your relationships from dread and boredom to excitement and joy, so much so that they look completely unrecognisable by the time we’ve finished.
In the Nafs Coaching School, I teach you how to embrace the power of emotional connection, and you learn to rediscover the fun and joy of spending quality time with your family and loved ones.
TWO WAYS TO WORK WITH US:
1. GET COACHED & MENTORED IN THE NAFS TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM : This is a journey of Coaching and mentoring where you will transform life, mental health, relationships and professional success. Get ready overcome all obstacles, to grow and up-level your life. CLICK HERE JOIN FREE. You will Love this Quran and sunnah based journey
2. TRAIN AS A PROFESSIONAL COACH & GET CERTIFIED IN THE SCIENCE OF THE NAFS: Transform your own life and learn all the tools you need to transform the lives of others and create a real impact in the world. This is a Professional Certification for you if you want to create a legacy (Dunya-akhira) driven Coaching practice where you help people transform their lives. CLICK HERE for more info.
About the Author: Abdul Shahid – Master Coach Trainer & Therapist of Professional Life Coaches, pioneering The Science of the Nafs Psychology model for healing, transformation and peak performance. Specialist in Mind health, wealth and mastery using this Quran and sunnah based Spiritual Psychology.